All information must be submitted online, but feel free to use this printer-friendly version to help you.
- Visit http://www.glencoe.com/sites/common_assets/science/virtual_labs/E21/E21.html.
- Drag unknown element 1 from its place on the test tube rack to the window labeled “density”. A box should pop up saying, “This element has ______ density.” Record this finding in the table below.
- Drag the same test tube from the density window to the flame color window. Record the observation in the table.
- Repeat this for the other windows and unknowns until the chart is complete.
- Compare your chart to the one of known elements and predict the identity of the unknowns. The more similar the properties, the more likely it is that they’re the same element.